Meditation is a powerful practice for achieving greater peace of mind. Regular practice will enhance mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Our introductory course gives a step-by-step guide to the practice and is intended to help you establish a meditation practice as part of your daily routine. Each class will include practical sessions of guided meditation, opportunities for feedback and questions, and background theory. Topics covered include the following:
- Why meditate?
- Lifestyle for meditation practice
- Practical techniques for meditation
- Techniques to develop concentration
- Mechanics of the mind: How does the mind function? How can we start to bring the mind under control
- Positive thinking and meditation